I’m assuming that one would already know the topic of this little blog just by the title. But just to clarify:
Green Monster = Jealousy
And we all know that jealousy causes us only pain and annoyance.
For example, from my experiences, jealousy had ruined a good friendship of mine. I had a friend who I really treasured, and you could say he was like an older brother I never had, but never actually got. We were extremely close. We met at my semi-formal night, and I guess I may have, flirted, with him a bit, ONLY because one of my classmates likes him and brought him as a date but she didn’t know if he felt the same way about her. So my task, you could say, was to find out if he liked her that way or not. But the plan backfired at me, and my friends, I guess. Instead of figuring out if he liked that classmate of mine or not, he got the wrong idea and thought that I liked him. But I didn’t. In the end, I rejected him. We remained close friends though.
HOWEVER, in comes along my other friend, who has a very … honest personality. Okay, scratch that. BLUNT personality. I just thought, hey, that’s her personality, I can’t change that. But the moment she started going out with my close friend, she began to get jealous because we “had a history together” and that we “hang out too much”. Oh, please.
Then, she tore away him away from me and now he avoids me. Well, guess what? I don’t care anymore. I'm not going to be the kind of person that makes her close guy friend choose between the close friend and his girlfriend, even though the close friend doesn't really like the girlfriend because of her twisted attitude. I honestly try to STAY AWAY from drama at all costs, so if all that meant that I would get caught in a whirlwind of pointless fights and arguments, then forget it. I’m not going to bother.
In the end, I don’t really talk to either of them anymore, and it is so freaking awkward ‘cause his friends are also my friends. I know, even I can feel jealous, but not to the extent where I'll make someone choose between people! I mean, what kind of person is that?
What I learned from all this: Jealousy is one huge ass BITCH.

0 comments:
Post a Comment